Monday, December 29, 2008

Hustle & Bustle

First of all, the title of my entry doesn't look like it's spelled right to me but I looked it up and it is! I guess I don't use those words too often!! Anyway, we have survived the 'Hustle & Bustle' of Christmas and I'll be honest that I'm glad all the activities are over. Of course there is still New Year's Eve and the Husker bowl game but at least there isn't a lot of preparation for those activities. The kids were totally spoiled over the holiday but I think they had a blast so it's all worth it! We've also had some sickness running through our house so that has been added on top of everything. I'm really the only one who has remained healthy so I'm thankful for that! We went to my parents house on Christmas Eve and it didn't take Larkin long to catch on to the fact that the wrapped gifts were for tearing into and underneath were some pretty cool things!! Everything was "mine" to her! Christmas morning Santa made his stop and bless her heart, Carmen was the first one up in the house at 9:45am! I still can't believe they slept that long when they were so darn excited for him to come. She called Dave at work and he said he'd be home as soon as he could to watch them open their gifts...she was so patient! This picture of her is while she is waiting for him to come home and waiting to wake Triston & Larkin up! Now if Triston would of been awake first there would of been no waiting for anyone!












Christmas Day was nice as we had no place to go so the kids took over the living room with all their toys and we spent the day assembling and playing and just being plain lazy!! Saturday we had Christmas on my mom's side & went to my parent's again for the day and spent it with family. It was also Larkin's birthday so we combined and had two activities for the day...and of course she raked in the toys and clothes all over again! Thanks to Grandma she had a cute snowman cake and she wanted to blow the candles out over and over! "One more time" is what she kept saying! Everyone was too stuffed to even eat cake & ice cream so we still have a lot left over but I don't think Larkin minds at all!












Sunday we made the trip to Geneva and spent the day with Dave's dad and step mom and his Grandma. We hadn't seen his Grandma in a year which I didn't realize it had been that long. It's so sad that we get so busy with every day activities that we don't take the time to travel an hour 1/2 to visit loved ones! This picture turned out perfect and totally was not posed so that makes it even better!!
It was a great weekend with family but we were all pretty wore out by the end of it all!!










We hope that everyone had a great Christmas and we wish you a very Happy New Year!!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Oh my gosh! I love that picture of Triston and Larkin asleep on the couch! How adoreable! He is such a good big brother. I really enjoyed watching him help Carmen with her birthday cards and presents...what a sweetie!